Thursday, July 23, 2015

New Discoveries Tag + A Special Announcement

I wasn't tagged by anyone for this as I....just made this up. But I was just thinking of how great it would be to share some blogs I've just newly discovered(and been pleasantly surprised by). So I created this tag.

The rules:

1. Share the picture above in your post and link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Share at least one blog you've recently discovered. (Try to say something about each blog)
3. Share at least one blog you'd describe as a new favorite.
4. Share at least one blog  you'd describe as an old favorite.
5. Tag however many people you like.

New Discoveries

Loony Literate - I recently discovered Emily's book blog. You should check it out! She's loony. She's literate. Is there a better combination? I think not.

26 Countless Possibilities - Rebecca and Sierra recently started this blog where they post book reviews, interviews, giveaways, and such. It's really awesome!

His Little Elephant - Unfortunately, this blog has been discontinued until further notice, and it's going to be made private. But I wanted to share it anyway, because Koko has done such a good job--and leaves the best comments!

Book. Blog. Bake. - Books and food. My two favorite things. Check. It. Out.

Blogging Brownie - This is a bit different from what I usually read, which is mostly just book/writing blogs, but I think you should check it out! Rachel blogs about art, DIYs, recipes, reviews, and life in general.

Such a Novel Idea - Run by Jess, Loren, and Aleya, and they do such a wonderful job with reviews, memes, giveaways, etc.

Brett Michael Orr - This guy writes amazing reviews and has an awesome instagram. Please--I implore of you--go visit his blog.

The Wallflower - A blog that meshes books and writing!

Forever Literary - Run by a girl with a passion for YA books. Can you fault her?

Readers in Wonderland - Tags, reviews, discussions. Gotta love it!

Simple Scribbles - Jessica(who's an amazing writer, btw) offers writing advice and book reviews!

For the Bookish - I'm a new follower, but already a fan! I love Emily's enthusiasm.

Reverie of a Glitter Aficionado - Hope on over there to give this new blogger some support! This girl loves words, reading, poetry, and movies it seems :)

Diary of a Teen Writer - I recently discovered this blog of teen reader and writer(who's about to be published!).

La Romantique - All right, so I don't understand the French parts, but the English parts I enjoy!

Sophie Reads YA - More YA books!

The Fictional Reader - If only I was fictional....

Feed Your Fiction Addiction - Reviews, Discussions, Memes, oh my!

New(ish) favorites

Paper Fury - Cait is hilarious. And she devours books. So, basically a girl after my own heart.

Musings of an Elf - A reader and writer muses on writing and life.

Opal Swirls - I almost want to put this as an old favorite, but then again, I've only been blogging for 8-9 months, and I'm not sure when I became a committed reader. All the same, Opal is an amazing blogger and posts about a variety of topics.

The Devil Orders Takeout - Reading, writing, life, and random morbid insanity.

Gossiping With Dragons - Imogen describes herself as a fantasy loving wordaholic. She's a kindred spirit.

Genie in a Book - This book blog is really lovely.

Old favorites

Ana @ Butterflies of the Imagination

Alexa @ Summer Snowflakes

Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity

Aimee @ To the Barricade

Alea @ Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings

Heather @ Sometimes I'm a Story

Stephanie, Jill, and Shannon @ Go Teen Writers

^^^Just trust me on these^^^

Well, this feels like fan month all over again. And you know what? I love it! I'm really sorry that I couldn't mention everyone. There so much more blogs I love and that I have yet to discover.

I tag: EVERYONE mentioned above! And anyone who wants to do this.

**Edit: I am now thinking that maybe listing a plethora of blogs was a bad idea, as I am now feeling horrible for forgetting to list other favorites like South Kakalaki Girl, Poetree, and Ravens and Writing Desks. There are actually a lot more, but you know, I should just stop now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Now, you may be wondering what this special announcement is. You also may be wondering why it says I have a new contributor to the blog. Well, it all ties in together.
 
I've been pretty busy lately, and with college starting in the fall I knew I would just get busier and have less time to post. So, to keep The Scribbling Sprite active, I've invited Alison, my cousin and best friend extraordinaire, to be my co-blogger! I'll be interviewing her in my next post, so come back for that and give her a warm welcome!


28 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for a new tag! It's great way to help fellow bloggers increase their readership. :) I will most definitely be taking part in this. :D

    Awww. :) My blog's on your old favorites list! That makes me so happy. Thanks, Ally! You're so sweet!

    Yay for college! Congrats! I look forward to seeing what Alison has to post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good! I can't wait to see the blogs you list! Also, you're very welcome :) I always enjoy your posts!

      Delete
  2. The Glitter AficionadoJuly 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM

    Aww, so sweet! Love the idea. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea behind this tag, Ally! Spreading positivity through the blogosphere is always welcome, and you've mentioned some of my own personal favorites, as well as introduced me to new sites to check out.

    Congrats on the new co-blogger, and best of luck at college in the fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks! I'm glad you like the idea, and hope you discover some great blogs!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, thanks for mentioning us! :D I go back to college soon as well and I am not looking forward to having my free time gone again haha. Looking forward to seeing Alison's posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course :) Yeah. I'm crazy excited for college, but not so much about my time being eaten up.

      Delete
  5. D'awww, what I neat idea! I love this! And...and...and... *clutches heart* You listed me and my ol' blog up there. I am SO honored! Thank you so much, sweet girl! <333

    All these blogs sound scrumptious. I think I need to check some out!

    Thanks for sharing, and thank you sooo much for passing this my way. It's such a cool idea to share favorite blogs with others. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome :) I know I always enjoy your posts, even if I don't have the time to comment very often. Glad you like the idea!

      Delete
  6. Omg, I'M SO HONOURED. :') *offers you cake* This is suuuuch a good idea for a tag too, and I have literally hundreds of blogs I love, so I'd like to do some spotlights and mention their fabulousness! YAY. Oh and welcome to your new co-blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *devours cake* Yay! I can't wait to see who you spotlight! As you can see, I'm always looking out for new blogs to discover :D

      Delete
  7. OH MY GOSH. *squeaks* YOU LISTED MY BLOG. YOU ARE SO SWEET, ALLY, THANK YOU SO MUCH. :") I can't believe it, this is, like, the highlight of my week! :") [Also, I am reopening His Little Elephant after only, like, nine days hiatus. I know. XD ]
    BUT THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME TAG, OH MY GOSH! I have just spent three hours going through all those fabulous blogs (some I already knew of, but, like, 90% I didn't! :O ) and eeep. djkasla. This is such a great way to find new blogs. :')
    Also, a BIG welcome to your cousin/co-blogger! I am squeaking over the fact that you could both potentially pull of having the same name - that is awesome. XD Also, all the very best with college! That is so, so exciting! <3

    -Koko @ His Little Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love your blog! Oh, yay! I'm glad you're finding some more blogs to love on :D

      Lol, thanks. Actually, Alison does go by Ali (I think that's how you'd spell it?) sometimes.

      Delete
  8. This is such a great idea! And I love that you include both new and old favorites. Thanks so much for linking to my blog! (I'm not offended in the least that it wasn't in the original post -- I'm one of the most forgetful people I know :) )

    Blessings as you begin college, and welcome to Alison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena! Haha, I'm glad you're not offended. Even after that, I STILL forgot to put a few....

      Gosh, I read a lot of blogs.... :D

      Delete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS so many awesome-sounding blogs out there! I feel like I'm nice and safe in my little bubble of blogs I visit, but I'd really like to expand and comment more, so thanks for all these (and for tagging me - you're very kind).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing blogs, so I hope you get to visit at least a few! You are so welcome :D I'm so glad I discovered your blog!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for starting this and tagging me Ally!
    This was my response...
    https://theglitteraficionado.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/new-discoveries-blog-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is definitely a fan month-esque idea, so I totally approve. Thank you so much for listing me as an old favorite! :) I look forward to doing this tag a little later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! No problem; you deserved it. :) I look forward to seeing your response!

      Delete
  12. Oh wow, I didn't notice this until now. But thank you SO MUCH for nominating me -- so honoured to be a new favourite. And this is a FANTASTIC idea -- can't wait to do this on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! I just opened sooo many of these in new tags. TIME TO DISCOVER!

    ReplyDelete