Saturday, July 25, 2015

Interview With My New Co-blogger, Alison!

 
First of all, welcome Alison to The Scribbling Sprite! (I feel like that should be Sprites now. Maybe we should come up with your own mythical creature name.) For those of you who didn't see my last post, Alison has agreed to join me as my co-blogger. Today I will be interviewing her so you can see how weird she is. *Spoilers* The answer is very. :D
 
Also, something else that's pretty exciting.... This is The Scribbling Sprite's 100TH POST!!!! I think it's kind of awesome that my 100th post happens to be Alison's first. Anyway...here's some more info about Alison! We don't actually have a bio for her yet, but I basically know everything about her. *Nods*
 
Alison is a quirky teenager, voracious reader(we like to call ourselves book drunkards, see), an aspiring author, and a sci-fi/fantasy geek(I know she would have no objections with me saying this). I think I can list her fandoms with authority. That is: Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Merlin, Firefly, Supernatural, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars. Pinterest is her one true love.
 
On to the interview:
 
What are your top five favorite books/series? (Obviously, this is the most important question...)

That's a bit difficult, but I'll do my best:
1. Harry Potter (obviously)
2. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom: I had to read this one for school, but it's one of the best books I've ever read and it really opened my eyes about what happened during WW2
3. The Goose Girl: This book was part of my transition into YA books, and it did a great job.  (Don't worry Ally, I'll read the rest of the series soon.)
4. The River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren: I don't have much of an explanation for this one except that it was PHENOMENAL!
And last but not least:
5. The Iron Butterfly series by Chanda Hahn: If I had to pick one story to live in, this one would be in my top three.  The world she created was a masterpiece and the people in it went on the most amazing journeys.

What made you decide to start blogging? (Psst.  It's me.  You know it's me.)
Pretty much, yeah.  It was Ally.

Can you share your favorite quote with us?
"Never laugh at live dragons."  -J.R.R. Tolkien

What's something unique about you that you'd like to share with our readers?
I am not technically a writer yet, but I plan to be, and I have many novel ideas (hehe, did you get that?).  I often threaten to use my friends as characters and kill them off in my novels.  I have already planned the deaths of many.  
 

What do you want to do when you "grow up" (It won't happen you guys.  Not literally)
I want to RULE THE WORLD!!

*Facepalm* Yet another blogger aspiring for world domination, I see.
 
What's your favorite genre to read?  To write?
My favorite genre to read is probably fantasy, because the way people create whole new worlds and make them seem real kind of blows me away.
My favorite genre to write is probably fantasy as well, because I don't have to follow any rules.
 
Make sure to give a warm welcome to Alison in the comments. And--just for fun--what are your fandoms?

20 comments:

  1. Welcome Alison! ;) Can't wait to see your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, welcome to the world of blogging! I've heard nothing but good things about The Goose Girl but I still haven't read it, I need to change that. My favorite genre is also fantasy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, The Goose Girl is one of the best fantasy stories I've ever read. It's definitely worth your time.

      Delete
  3. WELCOME ALISON. *showers flowers and cake and confetti before you* It's good to welcome another world dominator + mass murderer into the fold. Come over for tea sometime. I promise not to have too many dragons and you may pet them. (but laughing is indeed not recommended.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful to you for your enthusiasm as a fellow Dragon keeper. I would very much enjoy petting them with a straight face.

      Delete
  4. Yay! First, congratulations to you, Ally for finding a co-blogger! May you have an awesome blogging journey together!

    And WELCOME, ALISON!! Enjoy blogging at The Scribbling Sprite! :)

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy it already! And Ally will enjoy having me whether she likes it or not. *maniacally laughs*

      Delete
  5. WELCOME TO ALISON!! And congrats on the 100th post, Ally!! WOOT WOOT!! *flings celebratory chocolate everywhere* Oh oh and I totally agree Alison: fantasy is the best. I love how the possibilities are endless and how exciting and imaginative it can be. *hugs all the fantasy* Can't wait to read more of your posts! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to read more of your comments! Keep bringing chocolate!

      Delete
  6. WELCOME ALISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited to see what you and Ally do with this! :") You are hilarious (plan; novel ideas - AHAHA YES I GOT IT LOL), just like Ally . . . I suspect it is a cousin thing. ;D
    Ahh, may I just squeak for a second?! The Hiding Place - djalkfjalsd. I have only read half of it *sniff* BUT OH MY GOSH. It is written so perfectly and akjfds it is so touching and. :") And, my goodness, some people are so clever, with world building and all! It is SO cool to see. :'D
    This was so awesome to read! Also - SQUEAK! 100 POSTS - that is amazing. Amazing job! :") *highfive*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are liking the Hiding Place, but just to warn you, it gets even sadder. :( I almost cried and that's saying a lot, cause I don't normally cry when I read books. I tend to freak out and get mad at the author.

      Delete
  7. Welcome Allison! Just gotta say that Goose Girl is an AWESOME book and you seem pretty cool yourself! I look forward to seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome! Can't wait to see more of your posts!
    I LOVE RIVER OF TIME AND STAR WARS AND MERLIN AND SUPERNATURAL TOO (though I'm only on season 4 of the last one)!!! Also, that quote. Hehe, that's awesome.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M ON SEASON FOUR TOO!!! I am loving Castiel. In his first episode the way he made an entrance was epic. By the way, if you like supernatural and Merlin you'll probably like Doctor Who. If you ever think about giving it a chance watch the episode "Blink" in season three. Even if you hate the show, you'll like the episode. It's awesome. Thanks for commenting! I love to find people who like the same stuff as me. (and are on the same season) :)

      Delete
    2. *nods*

      Alexa is most definitely a kindred spirit. :D

      Delete
    3. YES!!! I like Castiel too, but I'm honestly not sure what to think about him because I've only seen 2 episodes. Like, I feel like I should like him because he's an angel and everything, but he's totally not what I thought an angel would be, lol. Then again, the fact that he's a warrior actually does make total Biblical sense, so I guess we'll just have to see how his character develops. :)

      Oh yeah, I love Doctor Who! Did I not mention that? DOCTOR WHO IS AWESOME.
      AND YES. BLINK WAS GREAT. One of my favorite episodes.

      Yes, hehe, finding kindred spirits is the best! :D

      Delete
  9. How fun to have a co-blogger! I just had to say that The Hiding Place is a fabulous choice. Such a good book that everyone should read. Hope you love blogging, Alison, and thanks for stopping by, Ally!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely excited about what's to come! Thank you, Tressa!

      Delete