Friday, January 23, 2015

Review - The Rook

The Rook(The Patrick Bowers Files #2) by Steven James
Genres: Crime Thriller, Mystery, Christian
My rating: 5 stars
Average Goodreads Rating: 4.27 stars
Pages: 489

      Image and description from Amazon.com
 
Special Agent Patrick Bowers is about to uncover the military's darkest secret . . . and his own dark past.

While investigating a series of baffling fires in San Diego, Special Agent Patrick Bowers is drawn into a deadly web of intrigue where nothing is as it appears to be. With a killer on the loose and one of the world's most deadly devices missing, Bowers is caught in a race against time to stop a criminal mastermind's trap before it closes around the people he loves.

My review: Okay, so now I've read only the first two books in the Patrick Bowers Files, and it's already one of my favorite series. As soon as I finished the Pawn I had to rush to the library to get the Rook. It soared above and beyond my expectations(which were very high).

Just like The Pawn, The Rook had me hooked from the first page. It kept me guessing; the end had me completely shocked.

Again, I love the characters. While it's mostly from Patrick's point of view, we also get a glimpse of Tessa's and Lien-hua's thoughts. I loved seeing each of them work through their own struggles, and seeing relationships develop further.

You really don't want to miss this series. It's so complex and mind-blowing, I have trouble describing it.

Content: Attempted rape. May be some situations hard to stomach. Christian influences, but not preachy. Clean.

Author Site / Amazon Link / Goodreads Link

Click here to read my review of The Pawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment