Thursday, February 19, 2015

Love an Author Month - My Favorite Authors (Part 2)

Jill at Go Teen Writers wrote a post about Love an Author month and all the different ways we can help an author out. So, to show my love and appreciation for authors, I've decided to highlight some of my favorites in a series of posts.

In no particular order, some writers I adore...

 
Jill Williamson. This should be NO secret. Last year I read Mrs. Williamson's Safe Lands trilogy and was absolutely blown away. If you like Science Fiction or Fantasy, give her a look!
 
I recommend: Captives
 
 
 
Clare B. Dunkle. Again, I've only read one series by this author, but that was enough to bump Ms. Dunkle up to the list of favorites. Her young adult Hollow Kingdom Trilogy was magical, quirky, and just plain brilliant. It is thanks to these books that I now know that "forks are absurd. They insult your food. They make it think you're killing it twice!"
 
I recommend: The Hollow Kingdom
 
 
Steven James. The brilliant and best selling author of the Patrick Bowers and Jevin Banks thriller series. A word of caution--only proceed to read his books if you wish your mind to be BLOWN. I'm talking high scale explosion here. 
 
I recommend: The Pawn
 
Lisa Tawn Bergren. Author of my beloved copies of the River of Time series. Ms. Bergren has dabbled in Adult and YA Christian fiction. Both Historical and Contemporary, I believe.
 
I recommend: Waterfall

Check out these authors and their writing! And show some love for YOUR favorite authors by purchasing one of their books, writing a positive review, telling your friends about them, etc. Authors work extremely hard to create stories for us to enjoy. Let's show them how much we appreciate them this month!
 
Read My Favorite Authors (Part 1)!
And keep watch for Part 3.

11 comments:

  1. I really want to read one of Jill Williamson's books, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I have read some of Stephanie Morrill's books, who I guess is kind of related to Jill Williamson because they both post on the same blog...Yea...I just feel bad that I haven't read any books by any of these authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana,
      Thank you for declaring Steph and I related! That makes me so happy! I feel related to her, in the best way. :-)

      Delete
    2. I love Stephanie's Ellie Sweet series!

      Tsk, tsk. I can't believe you haven't read anything by these awesome authors. Oh well. I suppose I won't hold that fact against you. ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Ally! I'm honored to have been included in this post, and THANK YOU for loving on your favorite authors! It means a lot to us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to ME that you took the time to comment! Of course, it's the least I can do. Authors like you and the others I've mentioned have made an amazing impact on my life. You guys gave a love for reading. I don't know WHO I'd be without that.

      I certainly wouldn't be nicknamed the Human Dictionary, that's for sure. :D

      Delete
  3. Have you read Bergren's Grand Tour trilogy? I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I haven't. *hangs head in shame* But I've heard that it's really good.

      Delete
  4. I met Jill and Lisa at my local bookstore along with two other authors for the Blink tour last year. It was fabulous! I haven't actually read any of Jill's, but will be, and I own some of Lisa's. I need to catch up on a lot of series! And Steven James I read The King for the INSPY Awards last year and it was REALLY good. It actually won. Thanks for sharing!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That's awesome! Oh, to actually meet one of my favorite authors....

      I was recently introduced to Steven James's books. I haven't even finished the Patrick Bowers files, and yet it's one of my favorite series. I definitely wasn't kidding about the mind blowing part. Still picking up the pieces since I read the Bishop.

      Delete
  5. ASDFGHJKL I LOVE THE SAFE LANDS TRILOGY. AND THE RIVER OF TIME TRILOGY. I COULD FANGIRL ALL DAY ABOUT THOSE SERIES!!!!
    Seriously, they are awesome. Anyone who has not read them must!
    Can I just say Zane, though? And Luca? They are PERFECTION.
    All right I shall stop now.


    Alexa S. Winters
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, yes!! Although, if we're talking perfection I might add...Mason. And Lord Greco.

      Delete